Estonia has nearly 100 top executives in the civil service who work as a team towards achieving the strategic objectives of our country. They are united in their desire to do a challenging and important job, participate in the decision-making processes that shape the future of Estonia, and contribute to international cooperation and the development of Estonia.
The top executives in the civil service include the Secretaries General and Deputy-Secretaries General of ministries, Directors of the Government Office, Directors-General of public offices and inspectorates, Director-General of the Emergency Centre, State Archivist, Commander of the Defence Forces and Prosecutor General.
Candidates for top civil service positions must have the management experience, qualifications and proficiency in foreign languages required to perform their duties as well as the competences defined in the Estonian top civil service competency model.
The Top Civil Service Excellence Centre of the Government Office:
- Organises the recruitment and selection of top executives in the civil service
- Organises the work of the selection board of top executives in the civil service
- Organises the performance assessment of top executives in the civil service
- Advises top executives on their self-development and organises relevant activities
- Maintains records on candidates for top civil service
Last updated: 01.10.2020